Founded in 1870, De Montfort University (DMU) Leicester has grown into a global institution with 26,000 students and 2,600 staff. Our courses embed employability in their curriculum and our research feeds into students’ learning. DMU has been ranked in the top 20 universities for graduate prospects in The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 and previous DMU graduates have gone on to win Oscars and work with organisations such as the BBC, HSBC, Nike, BMW and the NHS.
At DMU Dubai welcomes students from all backgrounds and is proud to offer the perfect combination of award-winning teaching, excellent facilities and a fantastic student experience.
Research at DMU
At DMU, we have an ambitious Research Strategy which aims to make research central to our mission as a university. As a university committed to the public good, we have a track record of research that impacts society and makes a real difference to people’s lives through improvements to health and well-being, infrastructure, creativity, economic growth, business and civil society.
Our commitment to research is integral to our aim to develop our students as critical thinkers. This was recognised in the assessment that accompanied the university’s award of TEF Gold in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework. It was recognised that our research “fed into the curriculum through a focus on application to real-world settings and research-led work placements”.
As the United Nations’ (UN) designated Global Hub for Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 16 – the only UK university to be designated as such – we have a commitment to address the UN SDGs in our research, teaching and enterprise activity.
DMU Dubai offers a wide range of scholarships to eligible applicants. To know more and to apply for one or more of these scholarships, please contact the Admissions Office.
Discover DMU – Campus Virtual Tour
Visiting a university campus is one of the best things you can do to help you decide where you want to study. Seeing the buildings you’ll learn in and the space you’ll be calling home. DMU is offering virtual campus tours for those who are miles away to let you experience the future with flavours of diversity.
Take a virtual tour of our campus with our exciting 360 tours https://dmudubai-vr.web.app/
International Year Zero (with subject pathways)
- Business and Management BA (Hons)
- Accounting and Finance BA (Hons)
- Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Interior Design BA (Hons)
- Fashion Communication and Styling BA (Hons)
- Cyber Security BSc (Hons)
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Law LLB (Hons)
- Architecture BSc (Hons)
- Human Resources Management MA
- International Business and Management MSc
- Strategic and Digital Marketing MSc
- Project Management MSc
- Energy and Sustainable Development MSc
- Data Analytics MSc
- Artificial Intelligence MSc
- Fashion Management with Marketing MA
- Master of Business Administration (Global) MBA
Prof. Michael Gallimore
29th August 2022
DMU Dubai is strategically located in Dubai International Academic City with a purpose-built, independent campus building offering a wide range of services including:
- Multiple classrooms
- 700 seating capacity auditorium
- A modern library with up-to-date books, journals and other research material
- 2 conference rooms and 3 meeting rooms with HD video conferencing facilities
- ICT laboratories with high-speed Wi-Fi across the campus
- Design, Fashion studios
- Engineering labs
- Psychology lab
- Moot court
- Gymnasium, indoor sports and student recreation centre
- Outdoor multi-purpose sports facilities
- Convenience store and beauty salon
- 300 seating capacity food court
- Separate male and female on-campus student accommodation
- Parking for over 300 vehicles